"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."-- Romans 12:2

Monday, December 04, 2006

CLOSER- Sanctus Real

I'm not satisfied in this lifetime
I'm following you to the other side
There's nothing that can change my mind
You're all I need
You're the only tie that binds my heart
Away from you I'm falling apart
We need to be closer than we are
You're all I need
So what can I do to get closer?
I know there is more my heart can bear
I give you control 'cause I need you
To take me there
Like a bird flying south
I'm seeking you out
And there's no rope that can tie me down
I'm running home, I'm a slave set free
You're all I need
I am waiting
Draw me closer
I am waiting
Make me stronger

This song is by Sanctus Real and I love it! I guess I chose to post lyrics from this song today because I feel like I could be Closer to the Lord than I am right now. I feel like there is so much more that I could be doing to live for Him, more effort and time I could put into my devotions and more thought I could put into Him. Also the hardest thing for me, that I could be a better witness for Him and that I could willingly testify to people the truth. It is hard for me especially in english class when I write things about God, like a poem or a song or currently an essay about the Da Vinci Code. I feel like I could be so much closer to Him.
The last line of the song says "make me stronger" and that sums up my current plea.

"Lord make me stronger"

B R I T T A N Y

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosieee! said...

01. SANCTUS REAL = TRES, TRES GENIAL. J'ADORE ILS.

02. But you want to get closer, non? That's what counts... remember, Jesus said himself that "faith the size of a mustard seed will move mountains." Personally, I think that faith that thinks it's already perfect isn't faith at all, therefore, you've got plenty :]

03. I do know what you mean, though, especailly with witnessing. There are so many chances that just fly by without a second thought... I will DEFINITELY be praying for Camp Chris and not necesarially in the way Ellen suggested... that it would make all of us stronger [most especially Brian / Kyle] and more able to share [because it sounds like there's going to need to be an AWFUL LOT of sharing going on...]

j'aime tu :]

3:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey chica!! I would comment on that post but it's over a month later now and I just wanted you to kno I got one of these things so I could more easily look at ur guyes blogs lol. At least it isn't a myspace. Dude change your favortite books will u!! Where is the great & terrible?
LUV U MATT!!
love Jay lol

oh i guess i will comment on that post lol, that song is absolutly amazing and just what you needed aparently. (comment me back lol so you can check out my profile)

11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home