"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."-- Romans 12:2

Monday, September 11, 2006

SEPTEMBER 11... This is a serious post

I is hard to believe that 5 years has passed since the 9/11 attacks. I mean wow I can remember the day like it was yesterday. I was just a meek little 9 year old in fourth grade at Munroe. It was recess and we were all clueless, although I had heard bits and pieces of conversations about airplanes. We came back in the classroom and my teacher, Ms. Breon was talking to Mrs. House, the psycho teacher beside our room. Ms. Breon came in the room and said "come sit down here I have something important to tell you all." so we all gathered in the carpet and she asked us "do any of you know what the Twin Towers are?" and I think maybe only like 2 or 3 people knew what they were and she said "well some bad people from another country flew airplanes into them this morning and they fell down" okay, well I don't think that's exactly how she worded it but it was along those lines. Ididn't really comprehend what had happened because as a fourth grader New York seems like worlds away. That night when I got home from school my mom explained to me again what had happened and I saw the on the news the towers falling down and thinking "wow that's horrible" I was still not completely comprehending what had happened but when I found out that all those people had died I was so sad for them and I started to cry. Later on that day Leann and I were outside in our backyards on her swing set talking about it and she knew more about it than me and understood it better so she explained it a little more to me. I will never forget that day. Time has flown by since then and I am surprised I can remember that day so vividly. Well that's all for now...
comment and let me know your thought on the attacks, I want to know where you were when it happened.

well I'll post again later, hopefully with a happier topic.


♥ Brittany ♥

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosieee! said...

I was in that fourth grade class haha... that day Mrs. Enos came and took me, Kev and Dan home so I didn't get to hear most of Ms. Breon's explination. I just remember the phone ringing, and then all of us sitting on her carpet watching the news and then going to lunch and talking about it like we knew exactly what was going on. :[

12:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home